Period: April 2017-March 2018
Client: Annabel’s Private Members Club
Subject: Live Audio, Audio Visual, Consultancy
Annabel’s (originally based at 44 Berkeley Square) is an iconic Member’s Club that has hosted many distinguished and celebrated guests including a young Elizabeth II. So when Richard Caring decided to update Annabel’s and move it form it’s luxury basement address to a four-storey town house 2 doors down there was a lot of excitement. Reinventing Annabel’s for the modern day was always going to be exciting and marked uncharted territory as for the first time they would be a day time club as well as the infamous basement nightclub.
Octavius RE was invited to act as the AV consultant leading the stakeholders through concepts for the AV design, including an extensive listening session to different speaker products, introducing them to current technology and essentially helping to build a design that not only catered for their current expectations but would also allow for expansion and evolution of the system well into the future.
As well as a Members’ club, an iconic nightclub Annabel’s is a live music venue hosting artists such as Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson, Tina Turner, Diana Ross and Bryan Ferry; it is also a premier event venue regularly hosting celebrity parties, fashion shows, film screening and fundraising events.
So, any solution needed to be a as flexible, high quality and achieve the same aesthetic standards as every other aspect of the new venue.
Having had many meetings, demonstrations and discussions we were eventually able to agree a design. Octavius RE put together a package of documentation and two installation companies were invited to bid on the project. Marquee AV were appointed and at that point the process of collaboration began. Even though a detailed concept had been put together for sound, event lighting and AV features it was important to work together, using our joint experience to deliver the system. As with any project of this nature the design changes over the course of delivery so we were having to adjust, look at redesigning certain aspects to keep the functionality and quality but also work closely, with MBDS, the designers so the AV did not detract from the look and feel of the spaces. This process of collaboration and change allowed Octavius RE and Marquee to share ideas and get the absolute best result for the client.
To provide a comprehensive technical design for the installed AV system. This includes but is not limited to:
- Briefing Meeting with Event Team to ensure all requirements are covered within the audio package.
- Draw up detailed System Specification and Budget
- Further design meetings as necessary
- Layouts of audio system on working drawings supplied in AutoCAD format.
- Production of cable schedules and schematics as necessary.
- Co-ordination of any design detail with Architect/Designer where necessary.
- Specification of control requirements.
- Project meetings with the Construction and Design Team as necessary.
- Resolution of site queries
- Final review of Installation
- Oversee the programming of installed control equipment where applicable.
To co-ordinate the installation of Video, Lighting and Audio System for new Annabel’s Members Club. This includes but is not limited to:
- Establish clear brief from Event Team and ensure Video, Lighting and Audio System design are in line with expectations.
- Manage Video, Lighting and Audio suppliers once appointed.
- Co-ordinate on site works with Arcacia Consulting and on-site contractors
- Maintain clear line of communication with all stakeholders to ensure the project stays on brief.
- Co-ordination of all technical design documentation including AV Layouts, Cables Schedules and Schematics as applicable
- Handover with client including arrangement of training, preparation of Operation and Maintenance documentation.